Research Study experience:
- NICU S.E.N.S.E. study: Weekly assisted in NICU research study under direction of Dr. Bobbi Pineda by providing additional sensory experiences to premature babies in NICU. Communicated with nurses and other team members regarding baby status and recorded pertinent information in study log.
Community Service :
- Revival School for the Arts: Taught refugee teens piano weekly at an after-school art and music program in St. Louis.
- Jewish Coalition, International Institute Day Camp: Supervised camp experience for 8-10 year olds and directed assigned counselors during refugee kids camp. Led morning curriculum, oversaw crafts, delegated tasks, and participated in group activities.
- Tri My Best Adaptive Triathlon: Supported 70+ youth athletes and their families following and during a triathlon put on by the St. Louis Children's Hospital, face painting at a booth in the siblings area.
- Special Abilities Kajukenbo (SAK) Martial Arts: Volunteer assisted for adapted martial arts class for students with cerebral palsy.
- YoursWordsSTL: In collaboration with KDHX and Young Chicago Authors, I assisted YourWordsSTL in their poetry slam event supporting youth empowerment in St. Louis.
International Volunteer Work:
- YWAM Medical Ships: Papua New Guinea: In May 2015 I helped provide health education as a community engagement volunteer, teaching children and adults on such topics as HIV/AIDS, oral hygiene and tuberculosis.